Take a pleasant gastronomic walk through the streets of the historic center of Verona with gourmet stops in old food shops, wine bars, and cafés, with plenty to eat along the way.
Discover Bologna, one of the richest cities of Italian culinary traditions!
During this full-day tour, you have the rare opportunity to view each step of the process of how Parmigiano Reggiano is made, including the heating of the fresh milk and the separation of the curds and whey, the crafting of the curds by the casaro — the master cheese maker — the formation of a single cheese mass, and the birth of “twins.”
At the end of the visit, you are treated to a full tasting of Parmigiano Reggiano aged 13 and 25 months, as well as other delectable breakfast treats. We visit an Aceto di Modena small factory, tasting on fresh ricotta cheese the different kind of aged balsamic. The third factory is all about Parma Ham: we enter to see how the “prosciutto” is made and of course we taste it with a glass of great Lambrusco!
The day ends with a fun lunch in the countryside, inside a cosy restaurant where we taste three different kinds fresh pasta, a typical second dish, and end with a great dessert and a toast all together!
This is a must-do foodie experience!
- What is included:
- Pick-up and drop-off from Bologna City Center/directly to your hotel
- Parmigiano Reggiano Factory Tour, Kit visitors, Breakfast of the Champions, Parmigiano Cheese tastings, Lambrusco wine and water
- Balsamic Vinegar tour, tastings: 6 years old balsamic condiment , minim. 12 years old Balsamic Vinegar and min 25 years old Balsamic Vinegar
- Prosciutto factory tour, fresh sliced prosciutto tasting with Lambrusco wine
- Lunch in a countryside cozy restaurant based on three different fresh pastas, second course, and dessert… all paired with great local wines!