Take a gastronomic Verona walking tour through the streets of the historic center. Along the way, this Verona food tour lets you try local gourmet treats in ancient food shops, wine bars, and cafés, with…
This is a must-do culinary experience in Verona!
We absolutely love winter in Verona! Chillier temps make the perfect weather to enjoy delicious, historic winter experiences in this magic city like a local!
We start our walking tour of Verona with a nice breakfast to warm up a bit, then we’re ready to discover the hidden parts of the city. Take a pleasant gastronomic walk through the streets of the historic center, with delicious gourmet stops with plenty to eat along the way.
During the tour, you taste typical Veronese dishes inside warm and cosy places. We visit a small deli shop tasting Veronese cheeses of different vintage and typical cold-cuts, all paired with a great glass of wine. We then move into the historic center between taverns and cosy wine shops.
We enjoy a private olive oil tasting, eat some freshly made bigoli with tomato sauce or ragù in the oldest family-run Italian restaurant, and end our experience with the glorious Amarone paired with high-quality dark chocolate and a local crunchy cake.
- What is included:
- Your certified local tour leader (born and raised in Verona) takes you through the city center, giving you time to admire the old monuments.
- Breakfast in a cosy real pasticceria with its own workshop
- Classic cheese and cold cut appetizers with Grana Padano cheese and balsamic vinaigrette, all paired with excellent Soave white wine
- Hot main dish based on the Veronese traditions: bigoli with ragù or other topping, paired with a great glass of Valpolicella Ripasso red wine
- Stops in unconventional places, such as venues with roman ruins
- Big glass of Amarone red wine paired with dark chocolate and the sbrisolona, our local crunchy cake
- What is not included:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Places visited during your tour are subject to change, mostly due to the weekly closing of the shops. We can cater to vegetarian, vegan, glucose-free, and lactose-intolerant dietary restrictions. Please note this in the ‘special requirements’ field when booking.