Take a gastronomic Verona walking tour through the streets of the historic center. Along the way, this Verona food tour lets you try local gourmet treats in ancient food shops, wine bars, and cafés, with…
Verona Food and Amarone Walking Tour with Lunch
A private driver will pick you up at your cruise port or at Piazzale Roma in Venice and he will drive you to Verona.
You will meet your local tour guide and wine expert in Piazza Bra, ready to start our Veronese day!
This is a must-do local experience, and an opportunity to taste the specialties of Italian cooking tradition and its typical products!
Escorted by your local tour leader, you will get lost through the streets of Verona, looking for its most beautiful spots. You will visit the ancient city, getting to know the secrets of Verona, famous all over the world for having been the scenario of Romeo and Juliet’s tragic history, and all about its legends.
During our walking we will make delicious tastings of typical Veronese dishes: from classic cheeses and cold cut appetizers to freshly made bigoli pasta with ragù and more gastronomic delights, such us the extra virgin olive oil tasting, all paired with delicious local wines, amarone always included.
There’s even artisan organic ice-cream/or our Veronese Christmas pudding at the end in order to fully respect the Italian tradition.
During summer time (March/November) it is also included a ride on the funicular railway to the most romantic view in Verona.
After the tour, before returning to Venice, you will have some free time as well to shop and discover more about the city.
- What is included:
- Transfer by private luxury car/mini van with english driver from Venice port to Verona and back to Venice
- YOUR local tour leader and wine expert
- Five delicious culinary stops based on Veronese dishes: classic cheese and cold cut appetizers, taste of local white wine and the glorious Valpolicella wines, from Valpolicella Ripasso to the great Amarone wine
- Homemade pasta bigoli with ragù and the famous Italian ice cream to finish the experience
- Amarone red wine paired with a sweet surprise
- What is not included:
Food and drinks not mentioned in the inclusions
The places visited during the tour are subject to change, especially due to the weekly closing. If you have dietary restrictions (vegetarian, vegan, glucose, and lactose free), please disclose them in the ‘special requirements’ field when booking.