We are so honored to present our first wine signed “Romeo and Juliet Guide”.
After such a difficult year, we found ourselves longing to share something very special with our friends all over the world. Since it was primarily wine that brought us all together, we made our first wine.
We named it “NOI”, to honor our friendship and our deep determination during this insane 2020.
Sara and Virginia: 2 Veronese young ladies who were able to reinvent theirselves in a period so dramatic for all the World.
As a small travel agency, we struggled not to close it and here is the result: a great full body, intense red wine, which tells about us and expresses our soul!
“Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us.”
ABOUT THE WINE “NOI” – IGT ROSSO VERONA- VINTAGE 2016
Only 500 bottles produced
- We like to define it a “baby Amarone”: dense, impenetrable ruby red with garnet glints.
- Sweet aromas of raspberries, currants and wild strawberries joined by notes of vanilla and floral hints of red roses seduce the nose.
- This is a wine that expressed a high degree of compactness in the mouth, but also excellent balance: the alcohol content is offset by the freshness, and the perceptibly savory dryness of the tannins accompany the tail, with a happy return of fruit jam at the very end.
- GRAPE VARIETIES: Corvina 70% Rondinella 20% Corvinone 10%
- ALCOHOL: 15% by vol.
- VINEYARDS: Located in the Valpolicella Classica district in a hilly area about 250 mt above sea level – mainly southwestern exposure – planted in deep, fertile, moderately structured soil.
- GROWING SYSTEM: Guyot – density of 5,000 plants per hectare – average age of vineyards: 30 years – average buds per plant: 10
- HARVEST: sorted by hand, generally in the second week of September
- VINIFICATION: Raisining of selected bunches on platforms until November (loss of 30% of the weight) – pressing with destemming – maceration on the skins for 20 days, pumping over daily – fermentation between 10°C and 20°C – racking off and transfer to wood, where the wine matures for 24 months, part in oaken casks and part in tonneaux – aged in the bottle for 6 months after bottling
- FOOD PAIRING: Excellent with mixed platters of grilled meats, for an original pairing we suggest that you try it with spicy foods like a meat goulash or a spicy vegetable soup.